It’s not always a mental rule to finish the book that you pick. If you happen to do like that or think like that – then reading will be something you grudge or dislike and all together will prevent you from picking any books in fear of not completing it.
Its OK to Not complete a book and leave it
The Key is to love reading and if a book bores you just leave it.
Here’s my list of 9 Books in the year 2022 – that I just had to give up. Not that the books were boring and dry. But I just couldn’t read it anymore or were a dread to me – So, I DROPPED and MOVED ON To the NEXT wonderful Book.
- Sapiens (Jan 2022)
- Too Long: The Book just became be a drag for me which way too much scientific Jargon.
- Not my Taste: I prefer Self Help Genre – This became an History Book for me.
- Finally, I gave up half way
- High Five Habit (Jan 2022)
- I have been a hard core fan of Mel Robbins
- Her Book 5 Second Rule – was a game changer for me
- This Book was all about giving self a High Five in the mirror – felt one line concept was repeated to pull a whole book out if
- I left it ! Not my taste !
- Everything is Figureoutable ( Marie Forleo ) (Feb 2022)
- This is a fabulous book. If you get a hands on it – Feel free to pick up and give it a try.
- It helped me ease my anxiety a lot and gave me an assurance I’ll be ok as I will be able to figure out
- The concept is amazing but again the same thing is repeated through out the book and it became a drag.
- 4000 weeks Book by Oliver Burkeman ( Feb 2022 )
- Beautiful book on time management – has a deep ingrained concept of time
- But felt way too much philosophy than practical steps to apply – so couldn’t pull on – plus the book was lengthy.
- The Antidote by Oliver Burkeman ( March 2022 )
- Just couldn’t stick to it ! The concept got me bored.
- Peak (Apr 2022)
- Fantastic book and a best seller
- Focus on Deliberate Practice to improve your skills
- But I lost the steam too early and gave up as way too many long examples than actually concepts descriptions.
- Drawing on right side of brain By Betty Edwards (Jun 2022)
- This is also a best seller. In fact its one book that you can’t miss out if you are into drawing
- I felt it boring – But I will repick the book in the year 2023 – fingers crossed.
- The Artist’s Journey – Steven Pressfield
- A very short read
- The reason for leaving this book is because a year back I had already scanned the book in soft copy.
- So, this year when I picked it up it just did not resonate to my current learning.
- But not a book to missed out – it compares a hero vs artist
- Its surely back on my list to read.
- The Courage to be Happy By Ichiro Kishimi
- I liked the author’s other book on The Courage to be Disliked – it was amazing and I read in the year 2022
- But this one was about Love and other stuff – did not resonate so much for it and gave up.
Note that this are not book reviews but my internal feelings about how I have felt when reading them. The Books are awesome in their taste. But may be not just for me.
What are your list of books you dislike ?